Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shake it up!

Today  at about 1:50 ET there was an earthquake in Virginia that was felt in Washington DC, NYC, and North Carolina. It was a 5.9 magnitude quake.  Wow!!  And the sad thing is that our wonderful leader is vacationing in on a tropical island somewhere.  The monuments are closed but they are saying they are stable. I guess earthquakes are going to happen anywhere and God says, Look, See, I am the one in control.....

And I started playing Words with Friends on Facebook.  My problem is that I want to finish a game NOW and not wait for hours and days to get it done. **Sigh**.  Danny Langdon whooped me pretty good yesterday.  He's good at Scrabble. Played several games with Lorraine Reazin too.

Went to my doctor's appointment this morning.  All is well according to Cindy but haven't gotten the lab results back. Have to go back in December for stress test. Bummer! Tomorrow, teeth cleaning and I lost a filling on the front so I'll have to go back for that later.  ugh.

I really wish we could get some stuff fixed around the house and then sell it, move to a smaller place with a little cottage out back, in preparation for retirement.  A smaller yard would be nice, but we'll need a backyard for Buster-boy. That is my wish for the week.

Found some really cute characters made from punches here:  http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2010/07/tutorial-paper-punch-people.html
I'm going to do some of those! Tooooo cute.

Poor Bethie stays sick a lot since she went to work at the Doc's office. I miss her and Zach a lot.  His personality is infectious!

Oh! and Kay told us today that Judge Joel Baker is being investigated for filming a young girl naked.  Someone got his picture taking her picture and the police have seized his computer. Whew....Why do people think they can get away with stuff???????  Sick.  Guess we'll hear more later.

PROVERBS 31:30-31   "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

No comments:

Post a Comment